Home Sweet Home



Even though the lake was beautiful, I don't think you appreciate your own home until you travel with children!! We came home yesterday from the lake, and even though it was not as bad as I anticipated, I am so glad to be home. The first day the kids and I just got used to the surroundings and walked to the water about a dozen times. It was a very long day and my kids are usually in bed by 7:00, but it is different when they are not at home. Ava finally gave in at 9:00 and we were both exhausted. The next day my dad and Andrea came down to help and it went well. I got to go shopping for a couple hours and they completely wore the kids out so it was a 7:00 night (thank goodness for that.) I got most of what I needed accomplished, but there is still quite a bit of work to be done. Thank you so much to Andrea and Daddy for your help!
Funny Story - James called the first night and asked if I had caught the lizard in the bathtub. I was like, "Yeah right." It completely sounded like something he would say to freak me out, but I did not believe him. The next day Andrea called me from the bathroom asking if it was a toy. It was a green, icky lizard - AAAARRRGHHH! My dad and Ava caught it (she thought that was hysterical and is still talking about it) and put it outside with its mommy. Thank goodness!
Conversation with Ava at breakfast:
Sam had a monkey on his pajama shirt that we were talking about.
Me: "How does a monkey go?"
Ava: "Ooh Ooh Aah Aah"
Me: "Sometimes you are a monkey, aren't you!"
Ava: (adamantly) "NO! Sam is a monkey boy. Ava is a flower girl!"
I didn't take a picture of every room and I wish that I would have taken some before shots, but just imagine nothing there!! Here is the almost finished living room.
Master Bedroom

The other rooms have bedding, but not anything else. More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment