Our 4th of July Weekend

We had such a fun (and stressful) weekend at the lake with Joey, Jennifer and Ashtyn (and her friend Cole). The kids and I went down on Thursday to get everything ready and it still amazes me how much STUFF I have to pack for these two little people. I miss the days of get in the car and go! We had a pretty relaxing day and I had a special treat for Ava - Lady and the Tramp (which we both loved!)
Sam loved to stand at this window and yell at random things outside. I tried to get a video - it was so funny!


Elle was also very entertained watching all the boats and people (and maybe barking at a few of them!)


James surprised everyone with a boat on Friday- yes I said a boat, which is a story for another time. We didn't actually get out on the lake until about 5:30. Both of my kids had skipped their naps and usually eat at 6, so we had a couple meltdowns and had to call it an early night. We spent the day outside on Saturday - so much fun. Ava kept saying, "Where is MY boat?" She just loved it and Sam was so funny - I still think about him on the boat and laugh out loud. I am so glad that both of my kids really like the water. We didn't get to see a professional firework show, but there were so many people shooting them at the lake that it was almost as good. I let Ava stay up and watch - she was not as scared as I thought she would be and some of them were pretty close. She just held on to me a little tighter. James and I spent a lazy Sunday just playing with the kids at the park and the pool.

Both kids took a turn driving with Daddy - Ava was just beside herself!
Sam was so funny! First of all, this is the smallest life jacket I could find and it was probably a little too big so I made it as tight as I could. He would not move his head, but he would smile. He was just the cutest thing!

Does it look like Sam is choking in this picture - he is not!! That is how he kept his head the entire time. I seriously laugh out loud EVERY time I think about it!

Ava had so much fun swimming with James -
maybe a little too much fun!
Joey and Jennifer
Ashtyn and Cole - they were so sweet playing with Ava all weekend!
I tried to get a cute picture in their 4th of July pajamas - this is the best I could do. Seriously, how do people get their kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time??

Watching fireworks outside the condo - we were all just running from the front to the back to get the best view. Ava thought she was so cool getting to stay up with the big kids!


Happy 4th of July everyone!!!









1 comment:

  1. WOW a BOAT! How great! looks like you had a great time. Love the pics of Sam on the boat...they are so cute and funny. Love the pjs! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete