Mommy-Daughter Day

Ava and I had a special day today! We went to Dora Live and then out for lunch in Little Rock. First, we dropped Sam off with Mimi, Papa and Conner (thank you guys!) Ava was soooo excited to go see Dora and we had such a fun time there. She was just so happy and stood pretty much the entire time watching the play. Her favorite part - a tossup between Swiper and Diego!! After the play we headed over to West Little Rock for lunch at The Purple Cow - very cute and kid friendly little restaurant.

Ava was so sweet all day asking about Sam. On the ride to Dora she probably asked about him 10 times (along with singing Dora songs). "Where is Sam?", "Is Sam OK?", "Is Sam hungry?" She was more worried than I was!! During intermission she said, "Mommy I a princess and Sam a prince." Yes!! And when we were buying her a little shirt - she said, "Sam too?" So sweet - I could not make another one like her if I tried!

A trip to the Purple Cow would not be complete without a purple vanilla milkshake- YUM!!! Ava obviously enjoyed that part of the day!

She has worn her Dora shirt all afternoon and will tell anyone that will listen to her all about it - she was not too happy to have her picture taken though.

I know that Ava had fun today, but I think I had more fun. I loved watching every little reaction and seeing things through her eyes. Hopefully a lot more Mommy-Daughter days to come!

2 comments:

  1. oh what a fun day! sounds so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when Kate and I have 'just the girls' outings! She is so cute! I love her shirt. Kate has the same carseat...so funny. And I think Luke has that outfit Sam has on. We have got to get together!

    ReplyDelete