Busy Week

Last week is still such a blur to me! I am so amazed at how busy we all are this summer. First of all, two of our favorite people came to visit last week, James' Uncle Alan and Susan. I have to say, Uncle Alan is the first person I met from James' family because he comes to Arkansas for business and I just loved him so much and thought if everyone else was as nice as he was, I would be just fine! They were also with us on our engagement trip to Belize - we just think the world of them! This was the first time that they really had a chance to spend time with Ava and Sam and my kids loved them too! Ava woke up in the morning looking for Susan and is still asking about her.

Susan and I ventured to Little Rock with the kids one day last week and just looked around downtown. We happened to walk into the Peabody when they were bringing in the ducks and Ava was just amazed.
Sam was just happy to sit in his stroller and take it all in - very unusual for him these days!
On Saturday, our neighborhood hosted a family movie night outside on the golf course with a big movie screen and games for the kids. SO much fun!! I am still so mad at myself for not bringing my camera thought because Ava was so stinking cute. When we pulled up, I noticed several little kids around her age playing so I was excited for her. Well, she spotted two little girls (about 10 or 11 years old) sitting on a blanket and said, "I am going to go play with my friends." She had NEVER seen these girls, but she went to their blanket and sat down with them. Grace and Sophie were so sweet to her. They held her little hand and walked her around to get candy and a drink. Ava was in heaven and was kicking and screaming when we had to leave before the movie was over!!

Yesterday we had Jerry, Dana and little Landon over for swimming and dinner. We had a really good time and Landon did such a good job for his first time in the pool!

Ava had a good time after dinner hosting a tea party for the two boys!!


1 comment:

  1. So funny about Ava, she reminds me a lot of Kate. We were at Walmart today and Kate waved at a little girl - she didn't know - and said - that's my friend!

    ReplyDelete