Birthday Week

That's right - I get a whole week for my birthday!! And I pretty much took the week off except for taking care of two little monkeys. I am already paying for it today with my mountain of laundry and stack of bills! UGGGGG!


On Tuesday, my actual birthday, the kids and I met Andrea (Mimi) in Little Rock for lunch at PF Changs (yummy) and then went to the mall for a little bit. James was supposed to be out of town, but he finished early and came home and surprised us with cake and balloons. I say us because the kids really LOVED it.

Sam was so mad when his little piece of cake was gone (and it was gone in like a second). He will have no problem at his first birthday party!!
It was time to go to bed and they (James included) were still playing with balloons!


On Wednesday, we had a little pool party here. We always have a joint celebration for Andrea, Nick and myself because our birthdays are so close. The highlight of the day (besides the cake) is Ava got to hold a baby frog. She talked about it all night.
I think I was on vacation last week from taking pictures, but Andrea took this one of Haven holding the frog. You can see that Ava loved it. Then James and I took the kids down to the lake for the weekend and even though we had kids it was very relaxing and so nice to get away!!!
I took VERY few pictures this weekend, but I did take this one of James taking Ava fishing. I took this from the balcony and I was just laughing trying to imagine the conversations they were having!!

And this is all I really needed for my birthday!!


2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great birthday! sam's hair is getting so long. So cute. I love how James is laying in bed with them, really precious. Love the video. Can't wait to show it to Kate. Glad you enjoyed your week off. We missed you (blogging).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet video! Cute kiddos you have!!!

    ReplyDelete