Napa Trip

We are home!!! We had such a great time in San Francisco and Napa - the pictures don't do it justice. How did I do without the kids? Well, I won't lie - it was pretty hard for me. I really had to stay busy and not think about how far away we were, but I know it was good for all of us. And the one that I was most worried about, Sam, adjusted better than anyone!!! And I have never thought James was sweeter than on this trip - San Fran and Napa are DEFINITELY not his cup of tea (or wine), but he was so willing to go everywhere with me (wine tastings included) and I owe him a trip to wherever he wants to go next.

We went down to Chinatown on our first night there and had dinner at a great little Chinese restaurant!!




We spent one day walking around the Wharf - if you look closely in this first picture you can see the Golden Gate Bridge. It was cold and rainy for our entire trip - it didn't stop us from having a good time though!!





Something that was very exciting for me was checking out Michael Chiarello's store and restaurant (Easy Entertaining on Food Network)- we had dinner there our second night in Napa. I watch food network ALL THE TIME - so I am a little star struck (OK a lot) and I was so hoping that he would be there, but he wasn't. The food was delicious though. The store manager told us that he lived about 15 seconds from where we were staying - I tried to get James to drive around and try to find his house so we could see, but he wouldn't go for it.







We spent most of our days in Napa touring the vineyards - neither James nor myself are big wine drinkers so it was definitely an educational experience. I think this picture of James is really funny because he was such a bull in a china shop - he never found a wine that he liked!!






We will probably never go back, but it was such a fun place to visit. Both San Francisco and Napa have such a unique character.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are home! I've missed you (ok, in your blog) and I wanted to hear all about your trip. I would totally want to drive around and see Michael's house too. Glad you had a good time. I bet your babies are glad you are home and missed you. PS this is Beth...

    ReplyDelete