Boys

I always wanted to have boys.  As a matter of fact, I cannot understand this current obsession for having girls.  Yes, they are wonderful.  And I adore having Ava, but not because she is a girl - simply because she is wonderful and ours.

Having said that, I am learning fast that boys are very different.  It is kind of mean to have a sweet little girl first.  I feel like I am always in shock about what these boys are doing. 

I have to admit something here.  I took Sam to the pediatrician when he was Jack's age now because I thought there was something wrong with him.  He was so rough.  I honestly thought he had some kind of anger management issues.  The dr. thankfully did not laugh me out of the office, although I am sure he wanted to.  They are just different!

Sam can burp on command.  Everything (and I mean everything) is a competition.  As soon as Sam gets home, Jack pushes him.  And before I can say anything they are pushing each other and laughing hysterically.  Girls don't do that.  They climb on anything, anywhere.  They are completely inappropriate.  We live on a golf course, and I can't tell you how many times Sam has pulled his pants down and peed right in front of the world.  Active is too mild a word for Jack.

I am exhausted most of the time, but man they are worth it.  I love having these two boys.  There is something so special about brothers.  And for a mama, to watch your boys loving on each other - there is nothing better than that!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment