Jack's First Halloween

I think I have said this before, but Halloween has not ever been my favorite.  Then I had kids, and now I love it!  I don't necessarily love dressing up, but I just adore watching the kids, and I get such a kick out of how much they enjoy dressing up.

Ava and Sam definitely have strong opinions about their costumes these days.  I believe the days of sweet little boy costumes are over for Sam - the meaner the better.  Oh well...I can hang onto that a little while longer with Jack.

Ava decided on Merida.  I liked it - brave, opinionated, strong - not your regular old princess.  I will say that the hair was a pain - never again! I remember looking at her that night and thinking what a beauty she is.




Sam eventually settled on Thor with a little coaxing (including the purchase of the Thor hammer).  He fought me a little, but he loved that costume. He made a great Thor, and the thing I remember most about Sam that night is that he just ran. He got out of the golf cart running to every door. Ava could not keep up. He was so excited. Precious.



And sweet Jack - my little lion.  My pictures don't do him justice; he was a cutie.  But really, he is just not at an age where Halloween is really enjoyable.  He was ready to get out of that costume. And man he would not sit still for a picture. Every picture is like a blur. It is scary how active this kid is - scary!







I took about 20 pictures of all three - impossible!




The funny thing about Halloween is that the minute we get home we start thinking about our costumes for next year. Let the planning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment