Disney Memories

Something we have been waiting on for a long time...our Disney trip.   We talked about, planned, researched this trip so much that we couldn't actually believe when it was time to go.

We originally planned on going before Ava started kindergarten, but then we found out we were having Jack.  Then we planned on going when he was little and leaving him at home, but when he was here I decided that I would never be able to leave him :)  We finally settled on going when Jack was around 1 and taking Grandma and Grandpa with us to help with him.  James was a little scared because he thought the kids were too little and would not have any memories of the trip.  He is right that they may not have many memories, but I am convinced that we took them at the perfect age.  Every part of the trip was magical for Sam and Ava, and we will definitely be going back when Jack is their age now.

Our favorite things-

Jack - watching the animals from our balcony at Animal Kingdom.  This vacation was not so much fun for him, but he could have stayed on that balcony all day.

Ann, Sammy and James - eating at Ohana.  Such a fun place with super yummy food!




Me - my favorite ride was Soaring - loved it.  But I have to say that my very favorite thing was watching the kids meet the characters and watch the parades.  I tell you - they believed.  They waved and talked to every character like they were the only kid in the room.  Magical is the only way to describe it.

Sam and Ava - I learned something about my kids that I did not know (and am a little disturbed about).  They are daredevils.  I had planned to ride all of the sweet, non-thrill seeker rides, but I was vetoed very quickly.  They loved Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad and really anything fast and scary.  Yikes!



Some highlights--

Meeting the princesses - Ava's favorites are Mulan and Pocohontas

Meeting Jake - This was a must and the only character Sam really wanted to meet

Watching the parades - I tried to freeze into my memory how they reacted watching the parades.  They were SO excited and waved and called to the characters- "Minnie hi!  I'm here!"  I wish I could bottle some of that up - so stinking cute.

Jack was pretty terrified of every character, but he loved Tigger- go figure. 

Eating at Chef Mickey's - this was our first night at Disney and was so special.  I think I had the biggest smile of the night because I knew in that moment that all of the money, planning, traveling were all worth it.

Adult Day-  Ann and Sammy were kind enough to watch the kids all day while James and I spent the entire day playing at Magic Kingdom and Epcot.  My cheeks hurt from laughing so much that day.  I am so glad that I married my best friend!

Sam's Pluto hat - he wore this thing everywhere.  When I think of our trip, this hat is one of the first things I think of (and it makes me smile).



 Eating with the stepmother and stepsisters - this was such a funny meal.  The stepmother asked Sam to dance.  He was a little scared (so was I). 



 Firework cruise


 Sam and Ava got to dress up as a pirate and a princess.  Let's just say they were both very much in character.

 


 Although this is not a trip that we will do every year, it was definitely a wonderful splurge.  I have to admit that it was a little stressful to me because I was the planner, and some things just didn't go as I had planned - the control freak in me hates that.  But I feel like I learned a lot and some lessons that will make a difference when we go back.




No comments:

Post a Comment