Home for Christmas

Because we had just returned from our trip to Disney World, nothing sounded better than just being at home for Christmas. 

Even though we stayed home, we were BUSY!!
 
 
Class Christmas parties
 


 
My new favorite ornament

 
Ava's First School Christmas Program


Gah- Too Cute!


Making Cookies - Christmas Eve Tradition
 
 
 
 
Christmas Eve
 
 
Santa came!!


Then it snowed a lot on Christmas day this year.  We made the decision to travel to my mom's ( an hour away) and brave the snow and ice (based partly on the fact that the only thing we had to eat here was a frozen pizza).  It turned out to be a really fast trip because it started sleeting the minute we got there.  We ate fast, opened presents fast, and then slowly drove home.  But then we got to spend the next couple days playing outside, drinking hot chocolate, making snow ice cream.  I remember this time now as being just heavenly and peaceful - enjoying my family.

 
 
Snow Days

 
Jack's First Snow


 
Little Bear


 One memory that I hope I never forget is simple, but it really struck me. After a day spent playing in the snow, playing games in front of the fire, snuggling, Ava and Sam were in their rooms asleep and I was rocking Jack to lay in his bed. From his room I can look out the window and this night the snow was lit up by the streetlights. I was just overcome with contentment. Our life is certainly not always easy, and there are a lot of times that I get overwhelmed with three kids, but in that moment it struck me that there is nothing better than this life. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment