Happy Day

Back in November we celebrated Jack's 1st Birthday! Somehow we all survived a year. :)


Because we had a Disney World planned right after Jack's birthday, we decided on a Mickey Mouse party. I think of birthday parties as not only a celebration for the birthday child but also as a family event - some that I hope make good, lasting memories.

We had our closest family and friends here to celebrate the day.

One thing about a third child is that they have to share the moment A LOT. He had a lot of help opening gifts.

And everyone's favorite part of the party - the cake. He did not tear into it like I thought he would. He kept looking at us looking for permission I think.


I love this boy so much. In some ways his first year seems so fast and a blur, and at the same time it seems as if he has always been with us. Before Jack, we didn't even know we were missing something, but now we know how much fuller and better life is with him in it.

Jack is very, very active. I cannot even remember a time when I was not chasing him. He was walking well on his first birthday, and climbing, and running.

He is strong - scary strong. When he grabs something I almost cannot get it out of his hands.

He is unpredictable in his social life. Sometimes he is very loving and wants to be snuggled, and sometimes he seriously wants to be left alone. One thing he has always done is hold his hands out to random people and just lay his head on their shoulders. I have wondered if he senses something - like maybe that person just really needed a hug.

I sometimes feel like I cherish him more because he is the last baby and at other times I feel like there is not enough time to give him all the attention he needs.

He says hi, mama, dada, and no-no.

Love, love, love him.
Happy 1st Birthday Jack!
























No comments:

Post a Comment