What's Going On...

Well, it has been busy here at the Piraino house.
Next week at this time James and I will be in Belize. I am so excited, but at the same time already know how much I am going to miss the kids. I don't know why it is so hard for me to leave them, but it is. The last time we were in Belize, James proposed. So much in our lives has changed since that last trip, and I am excited about going back to where it all began!

My last class of the semester is tomorrow night. I have a huge final and I have been studying like crazy. The class is Research Methods and I will be so glad when it is over!!


I love being a mother to Sam, but does he ever wear me out! Today alone he knocked over the tree in our kitchen, ate about a handful of dog food, broke three Christmas ornaments, broke baby Jesus' arms off the Nativity scene, and dropped two tins of Christmas candy that I had made as gifts! But he also gave me kisses all day, said three new words, and he laughed so hard at Ava that he fell down! He makes me totally crazy, but he makes my day every day.

Ava helped me make Christmas candy and cookies over the weekend. Can you tell she liked it?? She has started calling me "mom." Seriously, what is that about? I thought that would start when she was ten or something. Today she said, "Mom, Sam is my best friend." I look at her all the time and I can't believe that I created someone inside of me so beautiful - and I am not talking about her blond hair or her blue eyes. She is just beautiful from the inside.

And Happy 18th Birthday to Conner!! (I am mailing your card tomorrow)


3 comments:

  1. You are totally making me look bad with all you have going on AND you make Christmas candy! I am going to have to hide this blog from Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you need a vacay. So jealous of your trip to Belize, but very excited for you. I'm happy that you have a great family. Your kiddos are so beautiful. Getting so big. Kate calls me MOm sometimes, it freaked me out. I kept saying...my name is MOMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet that James proposed there and now you are going back! And are you in the MAT program at UCA? Just wondering because that is the progam I am in, and I have to take research methods also. Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete