O Christmas Tree

I am not a big Christmas decorator - never have been. It just seems like so much work - and taking down the decorations - Ugh!! This year I probably did more than I ever have. We have Christmas trees in both kids rooms, a big tree in the living room, wreaths on the door, and Christmas lights!!


Here are the kids with their trees. I had this idea that we would keep them on the floor - HA!! They are now on dressers and out of reach. They both absolutely love them and it was one of the best things that I have done.




Our tree


I really like ornaments and I cant wait until my tree is covered with homemade ornaments from the kids - those are my favorite. In the meantime, I wanted to share some of my favorite ornaments.


Ava's ornament from last year. This was just a very fum memory. She loved everything about making this and she would run and look at it first thing every morning.



An oldie, but a goodie. This one is from Tyler and Nick years ago. Look how little they were!!


Our ornament from Christmas 2005. James and I went to Belize and stayed at the same place we will be staying in a couple days.



Ava's ornament from last year at Mother's Day Out. It is such an Ava face she is making.



Sam's ornament from Mother's Day Out this year. He is by far the youngest in his class and his teacher said he followed directions better than anyone making this ornament. And the poor little second child- I still haven't put a picture in his Baby's first ornament from last year - on my to do list!


This was a gift from James' parents last year- I think it is so sweet!


Also, I wanted to say Happy Birthday to my sister, Erica whose birthday is on Saturday, but I will be out of town. She definitely deserves her own post, but this will have to do. She does so much for everyone else and rarely anything for herself - I want to her to have the MOST special day. I saw this quote once (don't know if these are the exact words, but it is something like this.) "A friend knows the song in your heart and sings it to you when you have forgotten the words." Erica has been that friend for me for as long as I can remember. Happy Birthday!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the trees. And the ornaments. and the quote...Happy Birthday Erica!

    ReplyDelete