Napa Countdown



James and I are leaving for Napa in 3 weeks and 3 days. Instead of the normal Christmas presents (he happens to be the hardest person to buy gifts for in the world) we decided to take a trip. Now when it came time to plan the trip, I had LOTS of ideas!! Vegas - no, New Orleans - no, New York City - no!!! James didn't like any of my choices so I said he could pick which is fine with me, but I knew it was going to be a beach somewhere (probably Belize). Then he came home one night and said Napa Valley - What????!! He is definitely not a Napa Valley person, but I am not complaining and only wish I had thought of it first. Now I am very excited, but I have two issues. The first, of course, is the kids. It remains to be seen if I can even leave them for 5 days. I was away from Ava for one night when I had Sam and that is it! And I obviously have not spent any time away from Sam. It is hard right now to imagine being away from them for that long. And issue number 2 - clothes. Oh my goodness - I have not been shopping for so long and I usually don't wear anything other than Mommy clothes. I am definitely in need of a new wardrobe - Napa Style!!






The place we are staying in Napa - James' choice (if it were me we would be staying at the local Holiday Inn)


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so awesome! I looked the lodge up...I'm so jealous. James sounds awesome...Anyway, your issues...totally mine too - here's what I would have planned, an overnight trip and I would wear a black shirt and jeans...because that's all I have...oh yeah, it would have spit up on it. I hate being away from my kids. I hate it. I hope you do good. Just remember this break makes you a better mommy....

    ReplyDelete