Bacon and Tomato Cups



I belong to a local group called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). We meet a couple times a month and have great speakers and discussions about life with little ones. At each meeting a different group is responsible for bringing breakfast type foods. At our last meeting a fellow mom brought bacon and tomato cups. Now I am not a fan of bacon, so I was a little leery, but they are soooo good! I wanted to share the recipe.




Ingredients:
1 10-count can biscuits
1 pound bacon, crisp-fried, crumbled
2 small or 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2-1 cup mayonnaise, enough to bind the ingredients
2 teaspoons basil


Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray mini-muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Separate biscuits; cut into quarters. Spread out in prepared muffin cups. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl, add enough mayonnaise to bind them together, and fill muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, spoon mixture which has overflowed back into the cups. Return to oven and bake about 5 more minutes. Cool in pan 5-10 minutes before removing.




On a side note, Ava has Mother's Day Out on Thursday so Sam and I spent the day together. He is such a happy little boy!!


1 comment:

  1. You don't like Bacon? I don't know you. I'm glad we are getting re-acquainted!!!! Bacon is good. I'm so going to try these!

    ReplyDelete