Those of you who know me well know that my favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird. I believe it may be the greatest book ever written and I can usually find a quote in it for every occasion. If you haven't read it an a while I encourage you to. We read it when we are in middle school, but it took on a new meaning for me when I had kids!! I wanted to share some of my other recent favorites.

OK , I am on the Twilight bandwagon. When my students first began telling me about it, I thought NO WAY!! It didn't sound like something I was interested in at all, but as soon as I started reading I couldn't put it down!

I recently read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I thought it was a great book. I know there is now a movie out which I haven't seen, but I plan to. This is such an inspirational story about growing up and friendship. I think every woman could relate to someone in the story.

A surprise hit for me was Love the One You're With by Emily Griffin. I could not put this book down - I think I read it in two days or something. This book is about marriage and reconciling that with your first love. I love the book and I love the ending!!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Blogworld! I love it. I'm so excited to get to follow you and your life. I'm excited to see what you recommend on reading. One of my blogs next week will be about reading. I am going to read To kill a mockingbird...if I read it I don't remember it. Also, I read Love the one you're with by Emily Giffin. LOVED IT! I also read her other books - Something borrowed and something blue. Both good. Your kiddos are so cute. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete