Surprise!


We had a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad on Friday night. It has been planned for what seems like forever, and he had absolutely no idea. It was such a fun time. He should feel very loved - there were tons of people there, and a lot of people came from out of town. Then the lucky ones went to the races yesterday (my dad's favorite). Those of us with toddlers stayed home :(

Picture of the grand kids
Of course, these two were joined at the hip.



Everyone was waiting at the front door, and they surprised us by coming in the back door. Ava and Haven were back there to greet them though. The first thing my dad said - "Ya'll are awful." He was laughing!


The air hockey table was a hit with the boys.



Ava and Jordan

There was even a live magic show.
And I would have watched the show except that Sam was pretty entertaining himself. James tied a balloon to his pants and he chased it for a good 20 minutes.
Cute little Olivia was wanting to play with Sam - he wasn't that interested!

I had to include this picture, and I honestly have no idea what this is about. I was trying to leave around 9:00 and my dad was busy opening gifts, so I couldn't say good-by. However, when I looked he had something on his head which looked pretty funny. What the heck is that?

On a side note the best part of the night for me - James! He got up early that morning to work out of town. I knew he was not going to be able to come, and it was okay. After working all day he drove from outside Hot Springs just to be there for about 30 minutes before he had to drive back. He didn't have to do it (and he knows that), but it meant a lot to me that he did!!

Happy 60th Daddy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad. Love surprise parties. Love your dad's hat w/hair....so funny. Sweet story of James...that dude is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete