Ava Margaret Piraino

February 17, 2007



I remember everything about this day three years ago. I couldn't believe how much you could love someone. She was so tiny, and I was absolutely terrified of taking her home and being responsible to keep her alive. I loved watching James with her (and still do). It is hard to imagine that it has been three years.

Ava at 3 months



Ava at 6 months

Ava - 1 year old


Ava - 2 years old

Ava,

You are such a special girl. I knew from the very beginning of your life that you were beautiful from the inside out. Your dad and I are so thankful that we get to be your parents.

You are always singing (usually at the top of your lungs). And you make up songs. The other night you said "Let's sing the shu shu song." I have no idea what that is so we made one up. You thought that was pretty funny.

You won't drink anything unless it is chocolate milk.

You love your brother. When you go to Mother's Day Out and I pick you up, you are both more excited to see each other than me.

You love to dance. After dinner Daddy turns on music and you and Sam dance in the living room.

You are my little snuggle buddy. You STILL wake up in the middle of the night and come to our bed. You usually bring your pillow, blankie and at least two of your dolls with you. I don't get any sleep when this happens, because you have to hold onto my neck.

You really want to be Fancy Nancy. The other day you looked at her mommy (in the book) and said, "Maybe I can have that mommy". I was horrified by this statement, and you said, "OK Mom, I will stay with you." Geez- thanks!

You and your daddy play this game that I think is horrible! You look out the window for scary things - snow monsters, witches, etc. I am afraid that you are going to have nightmares for a long time. Your daddy thinks it is really funny. He teaches you dances to keep the snow monster away - terrible!!

You are such a picky eater. You like chicken, french fries, oranges, noodles, bread, and anything sweet.

You say your best friend is Haven. You are just glued to her every time we see her.

When you make a mess you say, "Don't worry mom, you can just clean it up." You say, "Don't worry mom" a lot!

You like to cause trouble with Sam. You say, "Come on Sam, let's go where Mommy can't see us." I can hear you say that :)

You are sweet. If someone is hurting or sad, you want to help them. When we are reading books, and a character is sad, you insist on going to help them. The other night you actually cried because I told you I didn't know where Fancy Nancy lived to go help her. You said we could just get in the car and find it. Precious!

Happy 3rd Birthday Ava! We love you so much!




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's 3 either! I know the feeling how time flies! That picture of her little bald head is too cute, not sure if I've seen a picture of her without hair. :)

    Happy Birthday Ava!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet post! Happy Birthday Ava! She was(still is) a cutie with that bald head.

    ReplyDelete