What We're Reading

We (and by we I mean Ava) are completely into the Fancy Nancy series right now. We have four of the books and I have read each of them about 4,089,763,721,085 times! She has even started calling Elle "Frenchy."


Ava really likes just about every Dr. Seuss book. Her favorites are There's a Wocket in My Pocket, Oh! The Thinks You Can Think, and Green Eggs and Ham. The last one was my favorite growing up, so I am really glad she likes it.


We both really like Olivia. Every time I read this particular book to her there is a line where Olivia's mom says, "You know, you really wear me out, but I love you anyway." Every time Ava says, "I love you anyway too, Mom."


I wish that I had a list of Sam's favorite books, but sadly he won't sit still long enough yet. Maybe one day!!
On a side note, the weather was really nice yesterday so we went outside for a little while. Sam has been sick all week, so this was a nice little break from going completely stir-crazy.

I let Ava pick out her clothes yesterday since we were not going anywhere. She initially picked out a hat with nothing else, then she spotted this in the closet and had to wear it. Naturally!

This poor little guy has just been miserable this week. It is hard to watch him not have an appetite and lay around because he is usually the opposite. And he is a terrible patient. When he doesn't feel good, nobody else in the house does either!



I hope everyone is having a happy week!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, we will have to get some Fancy Nancy books. We haven't read any of those. I thought this was your list...when I read the title and I was excited. Glad little Sam is feeling better. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Kristen. Ani was excited about the books and loves Fancy Nancy, too. Your children are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, the kids are too pretty! I remember you as a child loving the "Hop on Pop" book. Caroline's favorite books at that age were "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and "Red is Best". Seems like just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete