Sleeping Beauties

I really have no reason to complain - my kids take a nap at the same time and sleep 12 hours a night (usually). It is wonderful and there was a time that I thought it would never happen!!

My little Sam is the best sleeper!! I mean I just put him in his bed and he goes to sleep by himself and always has. When he wakes up, he doesn't cry - just plays until I go and get him! He will not snuggle though and it breaks my heart. I want to rock him and snuggle in bed with him and he literally pushes me away like he needs his own space or something. I have to literally force him to sit in the rocking chair with me before it is time for bed - sad!! He does sleep with a little bear that Ava "gave" him as his coming home gift which is really cute!


Ava, on the other hand, is my snuggler - she would let me rock her all night still. She is getting much better in the big girl bed. She occasionally comes to our room at night - maybe once a week. She goes to bed at 7:30 and I close the door and assume she goes to sleep - right? Well, last week James came home right after I had closed the door and he went in to lay down with her. She was sitting in her little chair watching TV!! I could not believe it - needless to say we unplugged the TV. Now every morning when I go in her room she has emptied the contents of at least one her drawers onto her bed. I don't know exactly what to think of this!!
Here is what I found yesterday morning-

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. i love the snugglers. Kate is a snuggler too, I think it's because she had a hard time going to bed as a baby. We would rock and rock, etc. Luke, same as Sam, just put him in bed! He will sleep anywhere too. Love the pics of them in bed. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete