Ava at 2 1/2


It is so hard to believe that my little Ava is already halfway to three. It seems like yesterday that James and I brought her home and started on this journey. We have had so much fun watching her grow and become the sweet little girl that she is.


Some things about Ava right now:


She is still and maybe always will be my little cuddler. She loves to snuggle under a blanket with me and could stay there all day. She will sit on any one's lap for as long as they will let her!


She loves to read - she would literally let me read her books all day. I have to bargain with her. She says, "We read five books," and I say, "How about three books," and she says, "sure." Her favorites are Pinkalicious, any Dr. Seuss book, Brown Bear, and a new favorite Llama Llama Red Pajama.


She is getting so smart - it seems like her vocabulary is expanding daily. She can count to 15 and knows all of her colors. She can even count to 10 in Spanish - thanks to Dora!! She is starting to ask why about everything and we have some funny conversations lately - for instance yesterday
Ava - "Can I give Sam my car."

me - "Yes, but he may not give it back."

Ava - "Sam is going to hurt my back?"

me - "No"

Ava - "Why?"

me- No, he is not going to hurt your back, he may not give you the car."

Ava - "Why?"

me -sigh!!!


She is the BEST big sister. She has her moments and we are still working on sharing, but for the most part she is so sweet to him. She is always telling me what to do or not do for Sam. "Mommy, Sam's hungry" or "Mommy, Sam doesn't like that." If he is crying for her cup or anything like that she will give it to him every time. Sometimes when he is really crying about something she gets so upset she tears up. One of her favorite things to do is go play with Sam when he is in his crib - she just climbs in and I walk in and they are both laughing at who knows what. This is one of my favorite things to watch.


She really likes to play outside - she is getting so much better in the pool, but her favorites are digging in the dirt and sidewalk chalk.


She is pretty shy around other kids right now. She will play with them, but she has to observe first. She is not the type of kid to jump right in and start playing. She is also pretty lazy - and I say that in the best possible way. She just wants other people to do stuff for her, and the sad thing is it usually works out for her. It may be a sign of intelligence :)


She is really starting to get into the girly stuff like tea parties and playing mommy with her babies. She spends literally 10 minutes setting up a tea party on her table and Sam stands up and knocks it down in a second.


Some of Ava's favorite foods - grapes, cheese, pizza (cheese only), goldfish crackers, apples and strawberry milk (she calls pink milk.)


She has always been unpredictable. Just when you think you have her figured out - she will do something completely out of character. I know to the outside world she seems so sweet and pliant - and she is a lot of the time- but she has a stubborn streak!!


James and I both love every single day with her and are so honored to get to be her parents. I feel so blessed that I get to stay home and watch her grow and change. I can't wait to see what she is going to do next!!




Ava at:

One day
3 months
6 months
9 months

11 months
1 year



16 months
19 months

22 months

2





2 comments:

  1. I just realized that Jacob is only 2mos younger than Ava, and you have another one! Guess I shouldn't think I've got my hands full. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how time flies! Kate loves Llama llama red pajama! We read it all the time. She also loves llama llama mad at mama! both my kids love strawberry milk!

    ReplyDelete