Busy Mother's Day Weekend

This should be the last of our crazy weekends around here for a while - at least that is what I am telling myself.  This one was crazy though. 

On Friday night Ava had her fourth dance recital rehearsal.  Thankfully for her, she loves when it is recital time - everything about it.  James, the boys and I went to visit our friends who lost everything in the Vilonia tornado a couple weeks ago.  I can't even imagine the devastation that they are feeling.  They are probably ten years younger than James and I, but they are grounded in their faith and have been the picture of grace through this process. 

On Saturday morning Ava had her fifth recital rehearsal (seriously) from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.  AND Sam had his last soccer game of the season.  What an absolute joy it is to watch him play soccer.  It never gets old to watch your kids do something they love!  He scored four goals and made several great passes.  The very last play of the game he took the ball from one end of the field to the other and scored with the biggest grin on his face.  Can you tell from these pictures that it was a little humid?


 
 
After we had a little time to rest it was time to go back for Ava's dance recital.  We decided to take the boys this year because we thought they would have fun watching Ava.  Never again.  I repeat never again.  Anyway, Oh my gosh was Ava so cute up on the stage.  She really gets into it.  She is a beautiful dancer and I loved every second of that recital.  Except for the part where Jack dropped his juice all over me, or the part where Sam asked for the 372nd time if it was almost ever. 
 
Before we left for the recital

 
Just to keep it real - here is how she looked moments before we got dressed for the night
 
 
Proud Daddy
 
And then it was Mother's Day.  The kids were so cute.  Both Sam and Ava woke up early to tell me Happy Mother's Day.  I usually get up hours before they do and run, take a shower, etc.  But they made me get back in bed so they (James) could make my breakfast :)  They included some handmade notes which are the best. Then Ava had a birthday party at Disney on Ice and James took Sam and Jack fishing.  So...I had the house to myself which never happens. 
 
 
Mother's Day is so special and I love all the love.  But what they don't know is that they all save me- James, Ava, Sam and Jack save me every day.  They are my biggest blessing.  And I am beyond honored with the responsibility of being their wife and mom.  It is by God's grace that I am here with these perfect for me people.  I just wish that I could go back and talk to the 25 year old me and show her all the perfect gifts that she would have one day.  And the best gift of all is being mom to these three.



No comments:

Post a Comment