Our Sam

It is so hard for me to sit down and write these days!  But, Sam turned 4 last month and he had a wonderful birthday.  What a special kid he is!!  He is all boy, but at the same time he is gentle and sensitive.  He looks out for Ava and Jack.  Ava and Sam are both starting to get a sense of humor - but Sam's is actually funny (if you know what I mean).  Of all three kids, he will ALWAYS stay the closest to me and James, and he is happiest when he is with us.  He teaches me more than the others - mainly patience but lots of other things as well.  He is quirky in ways that I can't even describe.  I tell him every night that I am so glad that of all the little boys in the world that I got him - and I am!

I have really started to look at parties (and birthdays) as a family event.  So, Ava had some influence on this party as well.  Sam and Ava decided on a pirate party.  All Sam really wanted was weapons, so as long as there were swords he was great :)  We had such a fun pirate party that weekend. That theme was something that we could all get into, and I may have gone a little overboard.  But, you don't turn 4 every day right?














No comments:

Post a Comment