I hope I never forget...

how sweet my little Ava is.  She did something last summer that sums up her sweet little spirit.  We had a pretty large group of our friends over one day last summer for a swim party.  Ava was absolutely enamored with some bigger girls and kind of stalked them for a couple hours.  She wanted to play with them so badly, but she was so scared. 

I was playing with Sam in the water, but watching her out of the corner of my eye.  I saw these two big girls go into the house to use the restroom.  Ava stood a the door for a minute and then walked on over to a bush at the side of our house and proceeded to pick two flowers (not even really flowers - just leaves off of the bush).  She went back to the door and as soon as the girls came out she handed them the flowers and asked them to play.  I know she was so scared, and I was just dying inside at her innocence and vulnerability.  I was so proud of her in that moment.

Although I wish that I could safeguard this innocence, I am aware that when she goes to kndergarten next year she will have so many influences.  I pray that she doesn't lose this part of herself.  And I thank God that he trusted this sweet little spirit to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment