Sam's 3rd Birthday

Sam turned three on September 18th - this post is better late than never :)  I remember looking at Sam that week and thinking that he is not my baby anymore, and that makes me sad!  For so long I have thought of him as my baby boy, and even though he will ALWAYS be my baby, he is not going to be the baby of the family.  And he is looking and acting like a little boy now.

Some things to remember about Sam at 3:

There is no in-between with Sam.  I am either laughing at him because he is so sweet and hysterical, or I am crying because he is making me crazy!

He is hungry ALL the time.  He wakes up at 5:30 every morning and comes to our room asking what is for breakfast.

He doesn't like hugs, kisses, or snuggling (heartbreaking), but he does say, "Mommy, I love you" all day.

He is Daddy's buddy.  He will follow James anywhere and everywhere.  James can do no wrong as far as Sam is concerned!

He is obsessed with tractors - seriously obsessed!

Some of his favorite foods:  Pop-Tarts (these are going to go away when I feel normal in the mornings again), macaroni and cheese, yogurt, any kind of fruit, muffins, cinnamon rolls  - Sam REALLY likes breakfast!

I am so proud to be Sam's mommy.  He makes all of our lives better in every way!

We bought some land out in the country last year and James has been working hard fixing it up.  Sam loves to go out to the land and ride tractors and just hang out with Daddy.  So, for Sam's party we met at the land and had a tractor party complete with a hayride.  It was very low-key and the perfect party for my little tractor boy!


Birthday Boy


All the cousins


When it was time to open presents, Sam asked, "Is it time to open my tractors?"


 Hayride - AJ and Sam
 Nick and Tyler


Cute girls!!
We love you Sam!!

1 comment: