Halloween Fun.....a little late

We had a great Halloween weekend.  I have just been to busy to sit down and write about it.  Ava had a lot of input about the Halloween costumes this year - she felt VERY strongly about being Jessie from Toy Story.  Then Ava and I decided together that Sam should be Buzz - maybe next year Sam can pick out his own costume :)


The kids and I had SO much fun decorating these pumpkins. I just didn't want to carve a pumpkin this year and was so excited when I found these cute Potato Head decorations at Target.  I cannot even explain how excited they both were every time we went outside.  I just took them apart yesterday. 
James' parents (Grandma and Grandpa) came to spend Halloween weekend with us.  We made a little trip to the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday.  The highlight for both kids was riding the ponies!

Sam and Grandpa

I was working REALLY hard to get smiles - not to be!!

The whole gang
Sam and Ava on the hayride

Ava said that she really needs a pony now - HA!


On Sunday night we had such a great time trick or treating with our little Jessie and Buzz.  James had to nearly drag me home along with the kids - I kept saying, "Just one more!"

 Miss America - Ava waving at the trick-or-treaters as they walk by!

 I got very few pictures of Sam - he was too busy to be still for my pictures!
 Here we are at Rob and Margaret's house - ready to go!


 The thing that I always want to remember about this Halloween is how sweet my kids were when they went up to the houses to get candy.  They were so polite, and Ava took such good care of her little brother.  She held his hand and waited for him, and when Sam was reluctant to talk she talked for him.  I am so glad that I have been blessed with these two kids :)



1 comment:

  1. they are precious!!! i cannot get over how much sam looks like you!! i always thought so, but see it even more as he grows. little cutie! ava is a doll!

    ReplyDelete