Summer Recap 2

Our summer wouldn't be complete without trips to the lake.  That is one thing that we ALL love.  The kids love to have our undivided attention - we are not on the phone, computer, etc.  And James and I love the break it gives us from everyday life.  We have so many wonderful memories there - and hopefully many more.
 
Our first trip to the lake this summer.  I was trying to get a picture of the three kids, and James happened to be walking by and stuck his head in this one :)


First of many boat rides.  He was such a good sport.

The big kids had swim lessons again this year with the same teacher, Mrs. Lynn.  They did great.  Ava is swimming unassisted throughtout the pool - even the deep end.  She is also learning to dive.  I have decided that she is SO much braver than me at her age.  Sam is now swimming in the shallow end with no floaties.  That is a huge accomplishment for him, and I am so happy to see him having fun in the water.
 


 
This girl spent half of the swim lesson huddled in a towel.  It could be 100 degrees outside, and she will be cold in the water!

We took a quick trip to the lake for the 4th of July and invited our very good friends, the Potts family to join us.  They have 4 precious kids and we all have so much fun with them.  
 
Headed down to the boat
You know when you see a picture that really captures personalities - this one does it!

 
Sweet girlfriends - Ava and Blakeley

 
Best buddies - Brooks and Sam

 
Isn't he a cutie!!  Love those blue eyes and that sweet smile

 
We held our first annual Piraino Olympics.  The kids and I worked all week to decorate, make medals, create activities for this little party.  
Our Olympic sports included:
 
Relay through the backyard
Fencing with pool noodles
Balance beam (on the garden ledge)
Bicycle races
Diving competition
 
It rained some that morning, so we couldn't compete in every contest.  But the kids had a blast, and James and I have talked about making this an annual event  (on a much bigger scale).
 

One of my favorite days this summer was my birthday.  I don't have any pictures to share though.  I think sometimes it is fun to not worry about taking pictures and just soak in a day.  That is exactly what I did. Erica's family met us at the lake - not for my birthday just because it was a week that worked for everyone.  We just took it easy in the morning; she has teenagers that sleep late!  And we went on the boat all afternoon watching Erica's kids, James, and Tony try to ski.  It was just a fun day and a great memory. 

More posts to come soon about our exciting kindergarten adventures.  I will write as soon as I can get through without tears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment