Holidays 2011

The holidays seem like such a long time ago now and to be honest it was a little bit of a blur.  I  want to wriite about it though so I can remember these fun, crazy times!

Of course, Jack was born the Monday before Thanksgiving so we were not driving anywhere.  My family brought Thanksgiving dinner to us that day and we all had a  very laid back day.  We all loved to just sit around and look at Jack all day.  I am having some tecnical difficulties with my computer holding my Thanksgiving pictures so they will have to wait.

The next couple weeks were very busy getting ready for Christmas--

I actually had a little photo shoot with the kids for the Christmas card.  I had very low expectations and was so excited that I got a good picture of all three.
 Ava had a little party at dance and loved wearing her pink Santa hat
Our elf, Sprinkles, was one of our favorite parts of this Christmas s season.  I hate that I didn't get more pictures, but the kids had so much fun.  Sprinkles was pretty sneaky this year and Sam and Ava had a lot of fun finding him every morning - except for when that lazy elf forgot to move :) 
Sam is telling Sprinkles his last minute Christmas wishes

Christmas Eve cookie making



When I was going through these pictures I looked at this one and was trying to figure out which baby doll she was holding.  It took me a minute to figure out it was Jack :)

Christmas Eve - leaving cookies for Santa


...and Christmas morning!  Santa brought them both four wheelers to ride out at our land.  This made for a comical Christmas morning.  They crashed into just about everything in the living room!

She just can't believe it :)


Jack's First Christmas
 Ava and Haven at Mamaw's house - Christmas Day


 Papa and Jack - Grummer Family Christmas


First family picture with all five!





We are feeling especially blessed this holiday season.  Jack was unexpected, but he was certainly the best gift we could have ever received.  These three kids made this holiday (and really every day) so special and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment