Little Fish

OK - well I promised to update regularly and I have failed!!  I can blame it on a lot of things because we have been beyond busy.  But the truth is I keep this record for the kids and for me to look back on and they deserve better, so I am going to try to be better!! 

We have had so many things going on this summer, but I am just going to start at the beginning.  The first two weeks of June Ava and Sam went to swim lessons.  They had the best teacher, Ms. Lynn, who I refer to as the miracle worker.  Prior to swim lessons Ava would barely put her chin under water and always used floaties.  And Sam was absolutely terrified in the pool - he screamed the entire time.  I don't know what changed for him from last year to this year, but Lynn told me that is pretty normal around the time a child turns 3 and just becomes more aware.





So I had pretty limited expectations for swim lessons, but I thought we would give it a try. Well, Ava now swims without floaties (unless she is in the deep part), swims under water, dives for toys, jumps in the pool without help.  I am seriously amazed.  She has become a little fish, and has even had swimmer's ear twice this year.  Sam still uses his floaties, of course, but he is not afraid at all and will even put his head under with a little coaxing.  I am beyond thrilled at the transformation this year, and I love seeing how much fun they are having in the pool every day!

For some reason, I still can't upload videos here, so you will just have to take my word for it about how great they both are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment